Monday 9 March 2009

Would you like to buy some DeathSticks?

You don't want to sell me DeathSticks. You want to go home and rethink your life.
So, after my brief diversion via correcting the life of this bug-man at a bar, I am now on my laptop somewhere in Coruscant, ordering a glass of White Tuskan. Frankly, at the moment I'm jonesing for a Burger King (XL bacon double cheeseburger, large meal with Pepsi and BBQ sauce). Anyone willing to post one to me?
Right. Onto business. Balai is sitting here with me, and will give me inspiration for a rant... No? OK. Well, I will now go onto some random ramblings instead. For your enjoyment here is EPISODE 2 OF MYKE'S RANTS!
Gran Torino. It is a good film, I urge you, the general viewing public, and you, the weird people who actually read this blog, to go and see it. Plenty of bandwagon awaiting within. Like the scene where some gang members are trying to abduct the boy who lives next door to him, good ol' Clinty comes out with his rifle (from back in the days of his service in Korea) and aims it at one of the gangsters using the age-old old dude line: Get of mah lawn. He manages to make it sound so hardcore, you can hardly keep yourself from jumping up from your seat yelling 'Yeah! You tell that bitch!'.
Another scene from the film has Clint pointing his finger (in such a way to insinuate that his hand is a gun) at some more gangsters. You are just waiting for him to say 'You gotta ask yourself one question. "Do I feel lucky?" Well do yah, punk?!' Much to our disappointment, he did not however emit this line from the orifice de la Masculino he calls his mouth. Despite this he did say 'Pow', which was utterly hilarious.
Last note on the film, the song Eastwood wrote at the end is terrific. His vocals aren't anything to be desired, but it is a really nice song. The film is worthy of the praise it is getting.

I think, but I'm not sure, that I am now finished for today. Maybe I will post another rant when I get home, but that's not a guaranteed. Good morning to all, and to all a good day.

Stealing ideas from Iced is hilarious.

2 comments:

  1. That was a very bad rant!
    Balai here agrees with me and so does Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I do not.
    It was one of the best rants of all times.
    You're a liar I hate you.
    *cry*

    ReplyDelete