Sunday 23 November 2008

My field notes

I know that I don't have to post daily but I can't help myself, but within a week or so the novelty will wear off, this is a good thing, it means that more of the posts made here will be, you know, relevant to game design. For now though...

So I've spent a few hours with Left 4 Dead I've come to some conclusions. First off, if you plan on playing through entire campaigns in one go then don't play co-op, unless it's just with someone physically sitting next to you, I say this because so far it seems that co-op tends to either devolve into a team killing match, or have everyone else leave shortly after starting.
Second, if you do play single player, then you are doing it wrong. Left 4 Dead is okay as, at best, when played single player, yet it truly shines when there are three other people there screaming bloody murder into their microphones at every turn.
Finally, if you are playing in co-op, you are, once again, doing it wrong, why so? Because there is only a single thing more terrifyingly hilarious than watching a hulking tank punch a helpless survivor off the top of a building, which is being said tank and roaring with blood thirsty glee the entire time.

Actually, forget what I said earlier, consider this research, what better way to figure out how to make a zombie game than play one? See? Totally relevant.

On veut juste vous bouffer le cerveau

No comments:

Post a Comment