Friday 21 November 2008

Starting off on the wrong foot

Damn whom ever decided that it was a good idea to release a good half of this year's games all at once! I'm still playing Fallout 3 and today Left 4 Dead is released here in the UK, not to mention all the other great stuff popping up left, right and the other one. what am I to do? I sure hope we don't fall into this habit someday.

I have to admit that this means, at least on my part, no meaningful work is going to get done for about a week, I will enter a trance-like state, from which I shall emerge enlightened, and quite possibly uncertain as to what sunlight is. Alas, there are worse fates than death by video games, I guess.

The 'New Xbox experience' launched a couple of days ago and well... it is a marked visual improvement, I'll hand it that. The whole avatars thing has no effect on me what so ever, although I did enjoy changing my gamer pic to a picture of my avatar's ear. I do, however, have two problems with this NXE, as I hear the hip kids call it. The first being that I have no idea where allot of things are located, but this I'm sure we'll all grow to learn, yet seriously, when I don't even know how to add Microsoft points to my account anymore, you have screwed up, no doubt about it. My other quarrel, and this is a slightly larger one, is that occasionally, just occasionally, scrolling through my friends list will cause my box to crash. Nice one guys.

I only now realise that we still haven't publicly conversed in any detail about our game, this is something that will have to be remedied in time, but for now the following paltry details will have to suffice:
  • It is being developed for Xbox 360 Live Arcade and PC
  • Zombies will feature prominently

Admittedly at least one of those points could be easily divined by knowing it's title, don't get me wrong, there is no NDA, I can, if I so wish divulge our every secret right here, right now, but this post is getting long and my primal need to purchase and then subsequently play Left 4 Dead has yet to have been satiated.

Can you tell me there's more than this?

No comments:

Post a Comment